Saturday, November 22, 2008

Catching up...

Winding down with my temporary work, applied for a full-time job, and juggling a few other side projects means I've been doing a little less on the house and posting about that with even greater infrequency. Since the last post, I've pulled another 20'+ of old gas pipe out of the attic, moved a number of items to the shed (despite the near freezing temperatures and snow flurries that have descended upon town) meaning I once again have a foyer and am close to having a back room, and have been dealing on and off with the pipe clog. Using a borrowed drain snake I was able to reach the clog, but it seems to be quite big and solid - hair, most likely. Repeated jabs with the augur didn't get me anywhere. I was set to try some lye, but the stuff I had had truned into a rock and you're not supposed to chip it out and use it. Having had no luck opening the stand pipe cover either, I think I'll grab some washing soda, and some nasty chemical drain cleaner, when I'm at the store Sunday.

More updates as they are warranted.

No comments: