Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It continues to be the little things...

  • Shopped for flanges for this really clever bookcase thing I'm building. No really, it's going to be awesome. Someday. Particularly if I can find the pipe fittings I want ideally a) with a patina and b) for not $10-20 apiece. Someone just suggested the local Habitat ReStore which I'll need to look at soon.
  • Moved things about in the shed. Again. I really should have built a garage. Let this be a lesson to all new homeowners, especially those who like to build things like I do. You're going to need space for the tools and supplies. More space than you think.
  • Measured the doors I rescued from a house that was slated for demolition to see if I can swap any in for my upstairs bedroom doors. The upstairs doors need restoration attention, which they probably won't get for a while, so meanwhile I think giving them temporary replacements (and similarly old replacements at that) is a good idea.

No comments: