Saturday, July 26, 2008

Small Successes

More camera cleaning. Here are a variety of things I've actually done at the house over the last 2+ months.

This was the first fully successful project in the house, actually, which is the only reason I'm bothering with posting it - minor surgery to remove a shard of what may have been the previous doorstop's screw from the hole in the wall, then sinking the new stop into the barest sliver of good wood next to it.

All I wanted to do was replace the two broken door guides for my shower doors. But the generic ones Home Depot required some... modifications. As in, there used to be another upright portion on the bottom edge there, and there wasn't a screw hole in the originals. But hey, they both stay in place and guide the doors.

I hung it myself. And it even turns on! Its sister at the other end of the hall is still not up, though, because the wires in the attic might as well be replaced before I attach anything to them.

And now people don't suffocate while working in the back bedroom.

No comments: